In the IELTS Speaking test, Part 1 consists of a series of general questions about the candidate’s background, interests, and opinions. The purpose of Part 1 is to provide the examiner with an opportunity to engage the candidate in a relaxed and natural conversation, and to assess the candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in English.
During the test, the examiner will ask the candidate a series of questions about their personal background, such as their name, age, occupation, and where they live. The examiner may also ask the candidate about their hobbies, interests, and opinions on a range of topics. The questions in Part 1 are typically easy and straightforward, and the candidate is expected to answer them in a conversational manner.
To do well in Part 1 of the IELTS Speaking test, the candidate should be able to speak fluently and clearly, using appropriate language and pronunciation. The candidate should also be able to provide relevant and specific responses to the questions asked and to engage in a natural and relaxed conversation with the examiner.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- What do you do for a living?
- Where do you live?
- Do you have any hobbies or interests?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What do you think is the most important quality in a person?
- Do you have a favorite sports team or athlete?
- Do you think it is important to learn a foreign language? Why or why not?
- Where are you from?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What do your parents do for a living?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Do you think it is important to keep up with current events? Why or why not?
- Do you prefer to live in a city or in a rural area? Why?
- What is your favorite type of music?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or with other people? Why?
- Do you think it is important to be environmentally friendly? Why or why not?
- Do you have a favorite book or movie?
- Do you think technology has made life easier or more difficult? Why?
- Do you prefer to spend your holidays at home or abroad? Why?
- Do you think it is important to exercise regularly? Why or why not?
- Do you think it is important to learn about different cultures? Why or why not?
- Do you have a favorite type of food?