Declarative sentences are sentences that make a statement and end with a period.
Declarative sentences are used to convey information or state a fact. They are used to express something that is known or believed to be true.
Declarative sentences are the most common type of sentence in the English language. They are typically used to convey information or express an opinion.
- “The sun is shining today.” (This sentence states a fact about the weather.)
- “I have a meeting at 10 AM.” (This sentence conveys information about the speaker’s schedule.)
- “I think pizza is the best food in the world.” (This sentence expresses the speaker’s opinion.)
- “The cat is sleeping on the couch.” (This sentence states a fact about the cat’s location.)
- “The Earth orbits the sun.” (This sentence states a fact about the solar system.)